The SOURCE partnership was established in 2010, aiming to:
- Minimize the risk of flash flooding in the Upper Calder Valley by appropriately sited tree-planting and moorland management;
- Treat damaged land and control erosion;
- Improve the quality of the River Calder; and
- Undertake educational activities and encourage volunteering so that people of all ages and from all walks of life become aware of the value of our rivers and uplands.
EGG Consultants Ltd have been inputting to this ongoing project since 2011 by:
- Installing and monitoring erosion control sites;
- Conducting geomorphological risk assessments;
- Co-ordinating local response to continued moorland burning on the South Pennines Special Area of Conservation; and
- Providing ad hoc hydrological and soils expertise input to various projects under the SOURCE umbrella.
The latest achievements and learnings from the SOURCE project have been published in a very reader-friendly ‘SOURCE Partnership Report – Spring 2017‘ which is available by following the link. EGG Consultants Ltd contribution, discussing soils and drainage in the Upper Calder Valley can be found on page 11!!! =)